Links to ESL and Literacy Sites
(Maintained by the College of DuPage Library)
Many Web sites have been chosen that offer online tutorials and assistance for Adult new readers and English as a Second Language students. All of the sites listed here follow our Seletion Guidelines which are listed at the bottom of this page.
Web links to organizations are provided solely as a service to our users. The links do not constitute an endorsement of the organization by LEARN or its members, and none should be inferred. Reference to any specific commercial products, process, service, manufacturer, or company also does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. LEARN is not responsible for the content of the individual organization Web pages found at these links.
Choose a category and you will be directed to a list of useful sites listed on the College of DuPage Library Web site.
- Grammar & Writing
- Listening, Understanding and Speaking
- Online ESL Journals and Magazines
- Reading Comprehension
- ESL Sites for Instructors
When linking to other Web sites, LEARN considers the following criteria:
- The purpose of the Web page is educational and not to sell a product or service.
- Information on the site is available at no charge.
- The source of the content and the entity responsible for maintaining the site are clear.
- The information is appropriate to the audience level, well organized, and easy to use.
- Information is from primary sources such as abstracts and textual material.
- Information is current or an update date is included.
- The site is consistently available.
- Registration is not required to view the information on the site.
- The site contains special features such as graphics, diagrams, or other unique information.
- The site should be accessible to persons with disabilities.