Contactless, curbside service starts Monday, May 18.
Pickup hours are. . .
Monday–Thursday 12:30–7 p.m.
Friday & Saturday 10 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
By appointment only.
IPPL cardholder exclusive.
We know one of the best parts about coming to the library is browsing our shelves for materials. Since that isn't an option right now, we are offering curbside service.
At this time, you can check out . . .
How does curbside pickup work?
- We will call you when your items are ready for pickup and to arrange a pickup time.
- When you arrive to pick up your items drive to the front of the library. A staff member will come out to ask your name and retrieve your items.
- We ask that you stay in your car while we are getting your items. We’ll then bring your items out and place them in your trunk and close it. You can also ask the staff member to place your items on the ground next to your car. Once the staff member steps away, you may exit your car to pick them up.
- All of the items will already be checked out and you will have a receipt with the due dates. All items are being checked out for three weeks and have two renewals.
You can order materials by placing holds on items in our catalog. Not sure how to do that? Contact us and we’ll do it for you. Not sure what titles you want? Contact us. We'd love to chat with you and create a personalized selection of materials for you and your family to enjoy.
If you currently have holds in our catalog we are working on pulling holds on items currently on our shelves and preparing them for pickup. We’ll call you when items are ready. Your online account may show items as ready for pickup, but they are not actually ready to be picked up until staff contacts you. As materials are returned we’ll continue to process holds. Unfortunately delivery between libraries is not available now and we are not able to get materials from other libraries.
Contactless Pickup FAQs
How do I place holds?
You can place holds on items in the library catalog via our website, using the library’s app and using the SWAN app (download from the App or Play Store). If you need to reset your PIN here is information on how to do that.
If you’d like us to place the hold
- call us at 630/887-8760,
- use our chat at ippl.info
Hours for returns are….
Monday – Thursday 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday & Saturday 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Thanks for holding on to your library materials for the last few months. We are accepting returns but, at this time, we can only accept the return of items that can fit into our exterior book returns such as books, movies, CDs, and magazines, Rokus, and Kindles. We ask that you hold on to your kits, games/puzzles, and larger items a little longer. We will let you know when it’s ok to return them. Remember they’re not due until June 3.
Returning Materials FAQs
What happens to items once they are returned?
Items left in our book drops will be quarantined for seven days. This means that the items will continue to show on your card for at least seven days after you return them.