Share your valuable skills and knowledge as a part of our team. Volunteers assist us in all areas of the library. Including processing library books, assisting in programs and classes, or delivering books to the homebound.
Ways to Volunteer for Adults
“Knot Just Knitting” Group Volunteer
The library is currently seeking a volunteer to help coordinate the library’s new drop-in group “Knot Just Knitting” needlework crafts group.
Description: The volunteer will attend the monthly “Knot Just Knitting” group, take attendance and facilitate the activities.
Time commitment: 2 hours, once a month on the 2nd Tuesday of the month from 7pm to 9pm.
Skills needed: Must have an interest in needlework crafts (knitting, crochet, quilting, embroidery, cross-stitch, felting, etc.; must be able to count; must be able to speak and write clearly in English.
Please note: Applicant must be at least 16 years of age.
To apply, please complete a volunteer application.
A Tech Tutor is a volunteer that help others learn how to use computers, smartphones, and other devices to perform basic tasks. Tech tutors work 1-on-1 with patrons to help them learn how to complete tasks and troubleshoot problems.
Necessary Skills and Abilities:
- Must have at least intermediate computer skills.
- Volunteers aren’t expected to know everything, but they need to be able to search for and figure out a solution to a problem.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and have good people skills.
- Must be friendly, patient, and encouraging as they help others.
- Provide 1-on-1 technology assistance (by appointment).
- Promote additional library services and resources when necessary
- Keep statistics about 1-on-1 sessions.
- May assist with classes.
Examples of topics for 1-on-1 sessions:
- Computer Basics (using a mouse, turning on/off, opening programs)
- Microsoft Word Basics
- Excel Basics
- Email Basics
- Internet browsing
- Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Smart Phone and Tablet Basics
- Installing and Using Apps
- Taking and Sharing pictures
- Downloading ebooks
2-4 hours per month (We will work with you to fit volunteer time in with your schedule.)
Each 1-on-1 session is 30 -60 minutes.