Because of how important the vaccine is, people are sharing information about it through social media. Unfortunately, they might be passing along misinformation as well, either knowingly or unknowingly. When in doubt, we recommend consulting these credible and trustworthy sources, and of course us, your public library.
- An overview of the vaccine from Northwestern Medicine
- Find out how the COVID19 vaccine was developed so quickly
- More information on the development of the vaccine
- Top ten COVID19 vaccine myths from Amita Health
- COVID vaccine information and resources from Advocate Aurora Health
- Information from the DuPage County Health Department
- COVID Vaccine FAQs
- Information from the Centers for Disease & Control Prevention (CDC)
- Resources from the Illinois Department of Public Health
Here is a list of places people can look for appointments. DuPage County residents can register and receive a notification when something is available. Other counties require checking different locations for first come, first served availability.
Need help registering for the COVID-19 vaccine? Call the DuPage County Health Department’s COVID-19 Vaccine Call Center at 630/682-7400. Representatives are ready to assist you with any COVID-19 vaccine-related questions during the hours of 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
To register, please visit the Community Vaccination Program website, and click the “Organization Sign-Up” link on the right side of the menu bar.