Notary Public Services
Notary service is available at the library for a charge of $1 per notary stamp. The exception is petitions for candidates running for office. In that instance, up to 10 petition sheets will be stamped at no cost. After that, there is a charge of $1 per stamp. Please note, we don’t notarize real estate documents.
No appointment is needed. We recommend calling ahead at 630/887-8760 to make sure that one of the our notaries is available to help.
- Bring current, unexpired photo identification with a signature, issued by a U.S. state or federal government.
- The document should not be signed or dated ahead of time. It must be signed in the presence of the notary.
- If witnesses are required in addition to a notary, users must provide their own witnesses. The library cannot provide witnesses, and witnesses may not be solicited from customers using the library.
- All blank spaces, with the exception of the signature, should be filled in prior to arriving for notarization. Notaries may not notarize a document with any blank spaces.
- Library notaries are not permitted to communicate with a notary service guest through a translator.
- Notaries are regulated by Illinois law. Notary staff will not notarize documents that do not follow such laws and regulations. Notaries will not prepare or complete documents for you, nor can they give legal advice on any matters.
- In accordance with Illinois notarial law, notaries will not provide service if the guest’s document or circumstances of the request for notary service raise any issues of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt, or uncertainty for the library. In this event, the library notary may, at their sole discretion, decline to provide notary service.
- If you need someone for real estate or 24-hour notary service, search notary public listings.