Complete list of mental health organizations, visit:
DuPage CRIS (Community Resource Information System)
A directory of service organizations, including mental health providers.
Mental Health Organizations
AMITA Health Center for Mental Health
Provides adult psychiatry, crisis intervention, general counseling, mental health care, and more.
3436 North Kennicot Avenue
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Center for Creative Arts Therapy
Provides individual, couples, and group counseling for all ages and on a wide variety of issues.
4336 Saratoga Avenue, 2nd Floor
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Chicago Behavioral Hospital
Offers inpatient and intensive outpatient mental health treatment including geriatric psychiatry, adolescent mental health including partial hospitalization, dual diagnosis, and addiction services.
555 Wilson Lane
Des Plaines, IL 60016
Crisis Line of the Fox Valley
Provides assistance to persons experiencing loneliness, depression, or anxiety.
309 New Indian Trail Court
Aurora, IL 60506
Crisis Text Line
24/7 mental health crisis support by text.
P.O. Box 1207
Re: Crisis Text Line
New York, NY 10113
For help, TEXT 741741
DuPage County Health Department - Southeast Public Health Center
Community health center that provides affordable medical and behavioral health, including children's mental health services, family medicine, prenatal care, and the WIC program.
422 North Cass Avenue
Westmont, IL 60559
Fox Valley Institute
Traditional and innovative methods of therapies for individuals, children, adolescents, couples, and veterans.
640 North River Road, Suite 108
Naperville, IL 60563
National Alliance on Mental Illness - DuPage County
Offers support groups, classes, supported employment, and community outreach to individuals living with a mental illness and their families.
115 North County Farm Road
Wheaton, IL 60187
Rogers Behavioral Health - Hinsdale
Behavioral health facility providing specialized outpatient day treatment to those struggling with mental health and co-occurring addiction disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and anxiety, trauma (post-traumatic stress disorder), depression, and other mood disorders.
907 North Elm Street, Suite 300
Hinsdale, IL 60521
SamaraCare - Downers Grove
Provides individual, couples, and group counseling for all ages.
1121 Warren Avenue, Suite 160
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Mental Health Resources for Teens
Crisis Text Line
The Crisis Text Line serves anyone, in any type of crisis, 24 hours a day. Text HELLO to: 741741. Trained crisis counselors will respond and help you.
Illinois Warm Line
If you or one of your family members has mental health and/or substance use challenges and would like to receive support by phone, call the Illinois Warm Line at 866/359-7953. Wellness Support Specialists are professionals who have experienced mental health and/or substance use recovery in their own lives. They are trained in recovery support, mentoring, and advocacy and are ready to listen and support you. The Warm Line is not a crisis hotline, but is a source of support as you recover or help a family member to recover. Hours of Operation: Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. except holidays
The Trevor Project
The leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ) young people under 25. You can also text "START" to 678678 or use their WebChat. Call 866/488-7386.
Turn Center and the Urban Resilience Network
This hotline is a toll-free number for Chicago Residents experiencing violence, grief, anger, terminal illness, depression/separation, vicarious trauma, self-harm, or abuse. It is available Mon-Fri 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Call (833)-TURN123. More info here.
- Du Page County Senior Services - 630/407-6500 or 800/942-9412
421 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton, IL 60187
- Aging Care Connections - 708/354-1323 (for Cook County)
111 West Harris Avenue, La Grange, Illinois 60525
- HCS Family Services - Anne M. Jeans Elementary School, 16w631 91st Street or 630/323-2500.
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel - 8404 S. Cass Ave., Darien, IL 60561, 630/852-3303.
- Our Lady of Peace - 701 Plainfield Rd., Darien, IL 60561, 630/323-4333.
- People's Resource Center Southeast - 104 Chestnut, Westmont, IL 60559, 630/682-5402.
- West Suburban Community Pantry - 6809 Hobson Valley Dr. Ste. 118, Woodridge, IL 60517, 630/512-9921.
- Call4Calm - If you or a loved one are struggling with stress related to the COVID-19 pandemic and need emotional support, text TALK to 552020 for English or HABLAR for Spanish.
- DuPage Rx helps consumers save money on their prescription medications any time their prescriptions are not covered by insurance. The free cards are distributed by the county and may be used at any participating retail pharmacy. It’s important to note that the discount card is not insurance. DuPage Rx cards may be used by all county residents, regardless of age, income, or existing health coverage. There is no enrollment form, no membership fee, and no restrictions or limits on frequency of use. Cardholders and their family members may use the card any time their prescriptions are not covered by insurance.
- Lending Closet. Lends mobility equipment to Darien residents free of charge. Examples of equipment are wheelchairs, transport chairs, walkers, and crutches. Anyone wanting to borrow something has to sign a waiver. For more information, call Diane Noverini at 630/353-8102.
Medicaid and the federal CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program) are other helpful healthcare programs.
- Illinois Warm Line - 866/359-7953. If you or one of your family members has mental health and/or substance use challenges and would like to receive support by phone, call the hotline.
- Medicaid and the federal CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program). Medicaid is a federal and state health insurance program for people with a low income. The Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) offers health coverage to children from families with an income too high to qualify for Medicaid and too low to afford private coverage
- Beds Plus - Their mission is to provide emergency overnight shelter and assist homeless people of west suburban Cook County to become self-sufficient.
9601 East Ogden Avenue, La Grange, IL 60525, 708/354-0858
- Catholic Charities - Provides transitional housing for homeless families.
203 N Ottawa St 3rd Fl, Joliet, IL 60432, 815/723-3405
- DuPage P.A.D.S. - Provides safe and hospitable shelter, support services, and advocacy to homeless or at-risk individuals and families of DuPage County.
601 West Liberty, Wheaton, Illinois 60187. 630/682-3846
- Downers Grove Township Dial-A-Ride - 4340 Prince Street, Downers Grove, IL 60515. 630/719-6600
- Lyons Township Senior Transportation - 6404 Joliet Rd., Countryside, IL 60525, 708/354-0292
- Subsidized Senior Taxi Program, Village of Burr Ridge - 7660 County Line Road, Burr Ridge, IL 60527, 630/654-8181, Ext. 2030
Other Social Services Resources
- Aging Care Connections (serving suburban Cook County) - Information for senior services, legal sources, Medicare/Medicaid transportation, and meals.
111 West Harris Avenue, La Grange, Illinois 60525. 708/354-1323
- Darien Arts Council - Focused on the unique diversity of our residents by providing opportunities for all ages to actively engage in the arts in Darien without regard to race, religion, or sexual orientation. 8201 Park Crest Dr., Darien, IL 60561. 630/546-8591
- Darien Senior Services - Find information on Dial-a-Ride, Meals on Wheels, the Home Maintenance Program, and more.
1702 Plainfield Road, Darien, IL 60561. 630/852-5000
- DuPage County Senior Resource Directory - A comprehensive, downloadable directory that includes information about available services and assistance, hotlines and helplines, volunteer and recreation opportunities, and more. Call the DuPage County Senior Citizen Services at 630/407-6500 for more information. 421 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton, IL 60187
- DuPage Senior Citizens Council - The county agency providing a Home Maintenance Program and a Home Delivered Meals Program for local, eligible senior residents. Get publications and connect to great links. Minor home repairs for 60+ seniors at reduced fees. For more information call 630/620-0804. 1990 Springer Drive, Lombard, IL 60148
- HCS Family Services - Emergency housing and rental, holiday assistance, food pantry, and utility assistance.
- Memorial Hall, 2nd Floor, 19 E. Chicago Ave., Hinsdale, IL 60521. 630/323-2500
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program- They help eligible households pay for winter energy services, gas, heating, and/or electric bill(s). You can apply each year. 630/407-6500 or 800/942-9412.
421 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton, IL 60187
- Metropolitan Family Services - Provides programs and services to families in the area for education, economic stability, emotional wellness, and legal aid.
222 East Willow Avenue, Wheaton, IL 60187. 630/784-4800
- AgeGuide Northeastern Illinois - Contact the nearest Department of Aging field office that covers DuPage County (in West Chicago) at 630/293-7488 or 800/528-2000.
1910 S. Highland Ave, Ste. 100, Lombard, IL 60148
- People's Resource Center Southeast in Westmont - People's Resource Center (PRC) serves over 9,000 DuPage families each year offering a food pantry, emergency rent, and mortgage assistance, clothes, financial assistance, and social services, job assistance, computers, and computer training, adult learning and literacy, art Programs, and other community resources. 104 Chestnut Ave, Westmont, IL 60559, 630/682-5402.
- Prairie State Legal Services - An organization that offers free legal services for low-income persons and those aged 60 and over who have serious civil legal problems and need legal help to solve them. 31W001 East North Avenue - Suite 200, West Chicago, IL 60185. 630/690-2130
- Safelinkwireless --Free government cell phones are available to those receiving SNAP benefits. 800/723-3546
- The Illinois Department of Human Services (DHS) - 800/843-6154 administers a number of programs that offer housing, food, and medical assistance, including the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and the cash assistance programs, which utilize the LINK card. DHS also offers Illinois' uninsured children comprehensive health care that includes doctor's visits, hospital stays, prescription drugs, vision care, dental care, and medical devices like eyeglasses and asthma