Pick-Ups & Returns
- The drive-up window is located on the west side of the building, next to the outdoor book returns.
- The drive-up window is open during library hours.
- You may need to wait a few minutes to pick up your materials, both the book return and drive-up window use the same lane.
- Have your library card or ID ready.
- Please note that large or heavy items cannot be picked up through the window.
- You must stay in your car to use the drive-up window.
Save Time at the Drive-UpSnagging your books through our drive-up window? You can get faster service. Each time you place a hold, choose as your pick-up location, "Indian Prairie Public Library District Drive-Up." Remember, even if you pick up your holds in the drive-up, you can park your car and visit us inside the library.
Pick-ups & Holds FAQ
How do I place holds?
You can place holds on items in the library catalog via our website, using the library’s app-- download for Apple or Android. If you need to reset your PIN, learn how to do that.
If you’d like us to place the hold
- call us at 630/887-8760
- use our chat at ippl.info
Is the book return the only way to return materials?
The external book returns are open 24/7. The internal book returns are open during library hours. Larger items that won't fit in the book returns can be returned to a bin inside the library during regular hours. Staff can't accept the return of materials.